Track 1: Life is a Mix Tape

Track 1: Life is a Mix Tape 

Mood: Happy(ish)

Welcome to The Mix Tape Mom!  While I am sure I have zero audience right now, I'm the mom behind the mix tape.  The point of this blog is to talk about all the mixed emotions I have as a 40 something year old and reach out to other moms and wives and friends who are dealing with the same happy moments and sad moments while trying to keep the angry moments at a distance.  If you are in your 40's, born in the 80's but raised in the 90's then......same!  

In the past 4 plus decades I have seen enough things to write about.....mostly good things, but some things that I would have liked to skip over.  A Mix Tape today is a foreign thought because it's just a playlist, it doesn't carry the same impact it did in the 90's.  We listen to our Spotify or Apple Music playlists, but who actually curates the list by hand anymore?  Remember when we would have to think hard about what songs we were going to put on a tape or on a CD?  We put thought into what songs we wanted our best friends to hear, or if we received a mixed tape from our crush, we over thought every single song that was chosen for us.  Now, I just find a genre of music on Spotify and listen, that is until my kids decide to "Join My Jam" and take over the car playlist.  

The point of this blog is to show that life is a Mix Tape, some of the moments we hand pick and choose, other moments are just given to us and we might sit and overthink.....why?!   

With each blog post I will give it a Track Name and a Mood.  Some tracks are meant to be happy and bring you joy, others are meant to cry along with, while another might get you to throw a chair across the room....music has a way of bringing out emotions that we cannot always control and life definitely has a way to maximize our emotions through the everyday.  

There may not be a single person reading this right now, but if you do stumble across this post in a month, a year, or 3 years, I hope you enjoy the real life moments behind the Mix Tape.  Please know this blog is written by a human, a human with flaws, a human with a life, and a human that won't always find the prefect words for her emotions.  While AI can create beautiful images, AI will not be able to express my life experiences the way I can and so, please follow along a real life human in her 40's who has some stories to tell.

I would love to hear comments from any readers, introduce yourself, or chime in with a similar story or advice. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of the Mix Tape. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Track 5: Youth Sports

Track 6: Vinted - Selling Made Easy